What’s on our minds this July and early August? Declaring independence from Republicans and Democrats, the 2020 election, what criminal justice reform means for women girls, making gov-issued identification gender neutral, “unschooling,” fighting back against police profiling, the cruelty of current immigration policy, how Tulsi Gabbard is kind of a badass, how silly it is to call capitalism incompatible with feminism, Cyntoia Brown’s release (hell yeah) and Chelsea Manning’s continued imprisonment (grrrr), the amazing U.S. Women’s Soccer team, bad tech laws, free speech as a feminist issue, #MAGA Socialism (aka “national conservatism”), sex worker rights activism in D.C. and New York, how to make libertarianism more welcoming, all the great panels and events coming up this fall, and more…
Molly Davis of the Libertas Institute & Young Voices talks about Kamala Harris’ criminal justice record:
save the date:
More Libertarian Feminist News & Commentary
- Rep. Justin Amash is declaring independence from the Republicans and the Democrats. Lucy Steigerwald profiles Amash here …
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is wrong about a lot of things, but we’re loving seeing her speak out about ending Forever War in the U.S. and slamming fellow candidate Sen. Kamala Harris for the former prosecutor’s excessively tough-on-crime record and rhetoric…
- More Democratic Debate and presidential candidate chatter:
- Chelsea Manning is still being detained:
- Free speech is a feminist issue. If you don’t know what Section 230 is – and why it’s under attack (alas) — read up:
- More of this, please:
- An “astonishing number of women are in city or county jails not because they’ve been convicted but because they are too poor to post bail,” explains Piper Kerman.
- We need prison reform now:
- Free markets help women:
- Progress report:
- Human Rights Watch supports prostitution decriminalization.
- Human trafficking panic and immigration cruelty combine:
- Good news:
- Bad news:
- One more time for those in the back…
- And a bit more on this new “national conservatism” business:
- Sex workers in D.C. and N.Y. face misinformation and hostile “feminist” opposition in their fights to decriminalize prostitution between consenting adults.
- More sex policy news:
- “Self-managed abortion is going to play a bigger role, no matter what happens with Roe,” report Anna North at Vox.
- Kat talks to Tatiana Moraz:
- Fighting words? 😉
PHOTO OF THE MONTH